Wednesday, December 23, 2009

For my King

Gerrit va Honthorst (1590-1656)
The Adoration of the Child

Mitt Hjerte Alltid Vanker
words by Hans Adolph Brorson (1732)
from The Crossing, The Court of a King


The miracle within and beyond all this
is God appearing here
In a stable small and rude.
He came, but was despised on this poor earth--
Him the eternal, honored Word.

Yet I know I can offer Him a dwelling place forever,
here in my heart.
Please come, sweet Jesus.
Come to this heart that is your home.
I know it's no strange place I offer you;
it is a place built and bought by you.
Here you can come back into your creation,
and I will wrap you in my heart and soul.

If I could, I would place palm branches
all around your feet.
For you, Lord, I will live and for you I will die.
I have found complete joy, as in my heart,
Lord, you are born anew.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, for the beautiful painting and poetry, Jodi. I love the shining faces.
Along with you, I welcome the unconventional Infant King, who comes in stillness.
I offer Him strange gifts- weakness, poverty, sorrows, and receive richness of soul, joy, love, and strength.
I can count on it.
Many Blessings of this Silent Night, this Silent Knight...(Couldn't help myself!)
Love, Joan

HIS Treasure A.M. said...

Yes, CHRIST JESUS, our King & Savior.....
What a BLESSED GIFT he is, when we have him we have everything.....
So in this 'Holy Season', it is beautiful to hear the church bells ring, in 'Honor' of our Heavenly King.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails