Tuesday, March 2, 2010

She made some tarts

"The Queen of Hearts, she made some tarts, All on a summer's day: The Knave of Hearts, he stole those tarts, and took them quite away."

Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

So, company's coming for tea in fifteen minutes. Unexpected company. Cookie jar empty. No time to bake a cake 'cause if I knew you were coming, I'd a baked a cake (heh, heh). What to do, what to do...Let's not lose our heads. I know - we can make a tart - in 15 minutes.

If you have these--ready made pie crust, a jar of jam, and an oven--you're good to go.

Roll out the crust on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Spread the jam on with a spoon.

Fold up the edges, then pop in a pre-heated 450 degree oven. Bake for 11 minutes.

After baking, the jam will still be liquidy. With the back of your spoon, spread it around, covering any bubbly, uneven spots. Let the tart cool. The jam will set.

When the tart cools, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.

Welcome, Alice. Do sit down....

Also for you readers with wee ones, head over to Erasmus Our Alaskan Cat's blog. She has an awesome crafty-craft-craft for the kiddies.

7 comments:

Val said...

That looks super yummy and the teapot is great too!

Unknown said...

i love love love Alice. I have been trying to find a way to work "I sometimes dig for buttered clams" into a post, but so far, opportunity escapes me.

Jodi said...

Thanks, Val. It is tasty and easy!

Jodi said...

JoAnn, lol. I hope you come up with something.

Quotidian Life said...

How clever you are! No frozen pie crusts around here--unless I make them myself, but maybe keeping some puff pastry in the freezer would be a good idea.

Joy said...

Love that charming teapot next to the tart. It goes so well with the story book illustration in the beginning too. When you come, I hope I get the opportunity to serve you tea from my green tea set and, since I know you are coming, I will be sure to make a lolly cake.

<3

Jodi said...

Joy Joy, I can't wait!oxox

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails