Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I do, I did, I would again

At a shower and watching a bride-to-be open her many gifts, my then-5-year-old daughter Joy turned to me and asked, "Did you get a lot of presents when you married Daddy?" "Yes." "Well, I think my Daddy is the best present you got." So right, sweetie. 31 years ago today, two clueless kids said "I do," and grew up together. We've been up and we've been down, and I'd do it all over again. Here's to many more years. Happy anniversary, Mister.

13 comments:

Linda said...

Congratulations! You look as lovely now as you did on your wedding day, too!

Val said...

Congratulations..that's Lovely :)

Kit said...

happy anniversary, Jodi! what a beautiful bride! so glad for you and the mister.

Beth Stone said...

It always makes me smile to see married couples still happy after "growing up together," as you put it. :o) Happy, happy anniversary to you both, and many more! :o)

Anonymous said...

That is the best picture!!!
Happy Anniversary!!! You both have the same glowing expressions.
Blessed Days to come,
Joan

Amy said...

Happy, Happy! Beautiful then and now to see Love and you and him:) Definitely lots of gifts. (also, I adore that tea!)

It's Just Dottie said...

Oh ! What a happy day !! You were such a lovely bride.
Smiles, Dottie

Susan said...

Congratulations! I love this photo, and love your blog. Blessings to you both.

Leslie said...

just look at beautiful you two! (and you still look beautiful)

happy happy happy anniversary, and many more!

monix said...

Congratulations! I hope the next 31 years will be as happy.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Happy anniversary!!!!And years and years of joy together!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Happy Anniversary, Jodi. 31 years is a marvelous accomplishment and I wish you many more!

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome picture!!! I absolutely love the glasses. So classy.
Mary

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails